- Are you over involved in someone else’s life?
- Do you live your life through someone else?
- Do you sometimes feel used by another person?
- Would you like to become more independent?
- Would you like to take more control over your life?
- Would you like to know how to get your own needs met?
If you have answered yes, this course could be useful. The goal of the course is to understand codependency better so that you can move on with your life.
The course includes seven, two-hour weekly sessions, using Codependent No More, by Melodie Beattie. The cost is $125.00, which includes the book and journal notebook. Between 5 and 10 people are a normal size for the group. All sharing is confidential. The first two chapters of the book should be read before the start of the course.
Week One: Looking at case studies of codependency
Week Two: Coming up with a good definition of codependency
Week Three: Personal Examples of codependency
Week Four: Understanding the Karpman Triangle
Week Five: Setting boundaries
Week Six: Learning to be happy with yourself
Week Seven: Setting short and long term goals
I am a retired prison chaplain and ordained minister with Mennonite Church Alberta. I taught this codependency course several times as a regular part of my work as a chaplain. More information about me can be found on my website, www.donaldstoesz.com.